As you can see there is a slight gap between this post and the previous post. After I joined Facebook in 200 I let my blog go by the way side. I wracked my brain trying to dislodge memories of what happened during the 2009-2011 time period. Sadly I was unable to remember anything for longer than 5 seconds. Apparently it’s very difficult to concentrate when your oldest child is playing Angry Birds while Gummi Bears is blaring in the background.
So in true nerd fashion I started sifting/scrolling through my Facebook posts…all 2 years of them! To make it easy on myself and any poor soul who reads this, I have decided to give a year(or two) in review using my Facebook posts!
– (November)My grandnephew was born. Yes that is GRAND nephew!
– Ok…apparently I didn’t post anything else important for the whole year of 2009. I do know I was working a lot and still trying to figure out how to be a decent husband and father.
– (January)Went on a 5 day cruise with Mary, my mom and Nick. That was a BLAST! Memorable moments of cruise include: gaining 5 pounds, swimming with dolphins, eating great food, having a seriously fun time with family and going down a HUGE zip line setup.
– (March)Mary is pregnant with our 2nd child!
– (March)Got my first case of Pink Eye(gross!).
– (March)Had my first real taste(bitter and heart wrenching) of parenthood. Elias had a MAJOR asthma attack and had to go to Primary Children’s Hospital for 4 days. The real kicker to that whole event was Eli’s insurance was set to be effective the day AFTER he went in to the hospital. So the insurance didn’t cover anything of the $17,000 bill!
– (April)Family Easter camp out at Topaz Mountain. Memorable moments of that campout: my dad almost starting the desert on fire with his flying lantern firework!
Note:I have great teen age memories of Topaz mountain. One day I will write a post about it!
– (May-ish)I was called as Assistant Scoutmaster. I really miss the cub scouts!
– (May)I turned 33!
– (May-June)2 of my nieces graduated from high school. It’s very sad to see my little nieces growing up and becoming adults. Sad in a “I wish things would stay the same” type of way.
– (July)Had a super fun time at Lagoon with my family(Sue, Scott, Ashley, Kris and Sydnee)!
– (July)Found out we are having a boy.
– (August)Started planning The Courier movie. Yes, it seriously took a year to get this thing rolling.
– (September)A fun Labor Day BBQ with family. I wish we had more of these events.
– (September)Went to Lake Powell with family. Memorable moments: Me realizing how much weight I have gained, me realizing I need to make serious life changes and me realizing how difficult it is to go on extended camp outs with a pregnant wife and young child.
– (October)Great Halloween party with the Ivie side of the family.
– (November)Welcomed my second child(Aidan) into the world! Mary was amazing! **Note: This is where the true parenting pain starts.
– (December)Fun Ivie family Christmas party.
– (December)Celebrated Christmas with my 2 kids and hot wife! This year(2010) was a very hum-bug year. We didn’t even have presents under our tree.
Updates coming soon for this section.