After cleaning a BUNCH of hacked code I finally have revived the site. The real reason it took so long plays out more like the following:
1. Take down hacked sites
2. Clean hacked code
3. Code ready to upload back to server
4. Get distracted by my family and other interests
5. Completely forget that you have personal websites down for 2 months
6. Panic and realize your websites are still down
7. Find out that Google has removed all listings it had for your sites
8. Upload code and write a blog entry as to why you were slacking
The Google search index removal hurt the most. I had a couple of small sites making money from ads that are now worth nothing!
Expect some changes to this site and the other family sites in the near future.